Landing Page Checklist Essentials
A lot of people are reaching out for help through social media. I enjoy helping everyone that reaches out and helping them push through their struggles to success. A majority of them are struggling with traffic to their sales page. While traffic is important, trying to get traffic without having the proper foundation is like teaching a pig to sing. It annoys you and frustrates the pig.
One important part of having a solid foundation is your landing page. The landing page is what converts your traffic to subscribers or sales depending on what you are trying to accomplish with it. For this example we will focus on the sales landing page.
The landing page is one of the most important parts of your website. People click on a link and this is the first thing they see. You don’t have a second chance to make a first impression. If you want to avoid a high bounce rate there are 6 things that must be present. Here is the 6 point checklist for your landing page:
1. User-Friendly and Mobile Friendly: Your website needs to be designed so the layout makes it simple for your visitors to navigate while providing them the information they need. One thing to note is not to compromise your message at the expense of simplicity. Focus on delivering a concise message
2. Immediate Value: You have a short window of time before your visitors make a judgment whether or not to stay on your page. In fact you have 50 milliseconds. If your visitors do not see the value on your landing page, they are not going to go on a treasure hunt, they will simply go move on to the next page. The value you are offering needs to be front and center from the moment they land on the page
3. A clear business model: Having a confusing business model not only confuses search engines, but it also will confuse your visitors. Make it clear what your business model is
4. Real testimonials: This one never ceases to amaze me. Barry and I get a good laugh out of pages with fake testimonials. The other day there was one in particular that just had clips of people saying random amounts of money like $1,005.28, $1865.38, etc. It was obvious that this was just edited to give the appearance of a testimonial. The same goes for written testimonials. If you write fake testimonials, your visitors will be able to tell its written by the same person. If you are just starting out consider giving your product away for free to a couple of people in exchange for a testimonial.
5. Research and facts supporting the claims you are making (if you are making claims). For example if you are claiming that your product will help cure anxiety then you need to provide some scientific basis for making that claim as well as research. If your visitors discover you aren’t telling the truth on one thing, you will lose their trust forever. Customers are gained from people that know, like, and trust you. If the trust is violated, you will have no reputation to build a long term business.
6. Contact Information: People do not trust businesses that do not have contact information posted. It gives the appearance you are trying to hide from your customers. Having your email listed is a good start, but including your Skype contact and your social media profiles is much better. Think about it, if you had a choice to buy a product between two different sites where one site provides their social media profiles, Skype info, as well as support info and another site that doesn’t provide and form of support contact which one would you feel more comfortable buying from?
Hopefully this provides you a good framework for your landing page. If you have any questions or experiences you would like to share please leave a comment. I actively respond to all questions.
If you are finding value in my posts, I recommend considering joining our community where you will get weekly tips and thoughts on internet marketing and making money online. We do offer a compelling welcome bonus that contains 350 methods or strategies on everything from email marketing to upsells to product creation. Before deciding either way click on the picture of the welcome bonus below to see Barry and I explain why you should join us and what to expect by joining
In my next post I’ll cover why your marketing plan is essential for online business.